Tumblewood is the first area in Cactus McCoy 2: The Ruins of Calavera. Just like the first area of the previous game, Cactus Canyon; many elements that are essential for playing the game properly are introduced here as a tutorial.
Challenges in this areaEdit
- Egg on your Face - Kill five Enemigos with Eggs.
- Cut to the Chase - Beat the Level in 1:30 (90 seconds).
- Dirty Laundry - Take all eight sheets off of the clotheslines.
- Tumbler - Destroy all of the Tumbleweed in the area.
- Clean up the Town - Kill all of the Enemigos in Tumblewood.
Locations of the treasuresEdit
Chest one is very hard to miss, as it is along the path McCoy takes while navigating the area.
In the second section of the area, carefully fall down from a platform with a bell on it. Thus, you will jump onto a switch and unlock the gate to the second chest.
In the area where you got the eighth sheet (assuming you followed the guide on this page), go left. Eventually, you will see it beneath a platform in your path. Fall through this platform and grab it.
In the same area where you got Chest 3 (if you have just gotten the third Chest, jump back up onto the platform), go left. In this next room/section of the area, you will see three platforms unburied in the sand. Go to the middle one and fall through it. After you land, go right. When you land again, you will see a carton of Eggs, and can go left or right. Grab the Eggs if you'd like to complete the Egg on your Face challenge, and go left. After landing, you'll be with the fourth Chest.
Go to the section of the area/room where you got the fourth Chest. Go left, then into the next room/section of the area, and jump off the ledge to the left to grab onto a rope, and climb across it. You will have to climb across two more to reach the fifth Chest. Curiously, despite being the fifth and last Chest, it's location is above where the player starts out in this area.
- This was formerly the home of Alpaca Jack and his alpaca Daisy. According to his flipdeck, the main reason why this area looks derelict is possibly due to a freak tornado that ravaged his farm that left him broke.
- It's possible that other people that formerly lived there had left because of said events.